FLAT EDGE ROOF
With unrivalled, intelligent styling, thermal efficiency, security and simple installation, our ‘GLASS EDGE’ flat rooflight ticks every box.
Its polished edge to edge glass exterior is not only a stunning evolution of its rivals, but in turn brings many practical benefits. Its clever design allows any water to simply glide off its surface, and not be hindered by perimeter sealants or protruding frames. Standing only 63mm above the roof upstand, it will blend seamlessly into any project.
Whilst allowing maximum light to flood in, the ‘EDGE’ is constantly working very hard to keep the unwanted heat out, and the ambient room temperature constant, giving you the benefit of year-round comfort and performance.
A very welcomed standard feature of the ‘EDGE’ is laminated security glass to the inner panel. This addition gives you the peace of mind that firstly, it is very difficult to penetrate from outside, and secondly, in the event that the inner pane is compromised, laminated glass is shatterproof so will provide optimum safety.
Installation couldn’t be easier. The ‘EDGE’ rooflight is delivered in one piece, its fixing straps already attached. It has no trims or ‘extra bits’ to put on afterwards, so has nothing to get lost or damaged.
With security and safety being paramount.
The ‘EDGE’ flat rooflight is fastened from inside, it has no external fixings that could be removed, With 6mm toughened safety glass outside, and 6.4mm laminated safety glass inside, as standard, ‘THE EDGE’ provides the ultimate combination of security and peace of mind.
Comprising the ultimate in thermal insulation.
The ‘EDGE’ has a very careful selection of high performance glazing components.It benefits from both low maintenance solar reflective glass outside and low emission laminated glass inside, structurally bonded into the unique super slim ‘EDGE’ thermally broken aluminium frames, providing all year-round comfort with a typical u value of 1.3w/m2k (overall roof).
Polished EDGE-to-EDGE GLASS
• Ultra-contemporary unrivalled aesthetics
• Water glides off the surface
• No vulnerable or messy sealants on the glass surface
Pilkington Active Solar Control Glass as standard
• 6mm toughened external pane efficiently reflects heats
• Low maintenance easy clean coating
Laminated inner pane as standard
• Safety laminated glass will never shatter
• Security laminated glass is incredibly difficult to break
• Sun bleaching laminated glass eliminates 98% of unwanted UV rays
• Sound reduction laminated glass significantly reduces noise pollution
• Thermally broken aluminium frame
• 20mm Warm Edge spacer bar
• Argon gas filled sealed unit
• U Value of 1.3/m2k
• Fixed from inside – no security issues or potential leak points
• Fixing straps fitted in the factory
• It’s a “one-piece unit”. No extra bits to fix on after
• Plasterboard pocket fitted as standard to make finishing easy
• Glass make-up
• Available in Grey (RAL 7016M), Black (RAL 9005M), or dual colour (white inside) at no extra cost
• Outer pane polished edge 6mm toughened easy clean solar control with blackend border
• 20mm Warm Edge spacer bar, sealed with UV stable sealant. Argon gas filled.
• Inner Pane-6.4mm laminated Soft Coat safety Glass
• Recommended pitch 5 degress